TRAVEL DIARY: London, Fall 2016 (Part 1)

At the end of October, my mom and I went to London, England for a short trip.  We were there for 6 days, and I enjoyed my trip immensely as this was my first trip to Europe. This will be a three-part series, as each post will highlight a different part of London.

DESTINATION #1: Selfridges and Oxford Street

Upon entering Selfridges, we were greeted by sales associates and a flurry of different perfumes and scents. These scents permeated throughout the entire floor, some musky and perfect for autumn, while others fruity and floral. Amidst the many perfume booths, there were also cosmetic booths, supplying brands such as Lancôme, Chanel, MAC, Kiehl’s, Bobbi Brown, Burberry, and Bvlgari. 

In total, there are five stories, with three basement levels. The first floor is perfumes, second floor is women’s accessories, and the third and final floor is men’s accessories. After exploring the first floor, we took the escalator up to the second floor. The only way to describe this floor is: handbag heaven. There were a plethora of different brands of women's' accessories including: Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Gucci, Longchamp, Aspinal of London, Coach, DKNY, and many others. After debating whether to splurge on a bag from Longchamp for a while (I’ve been wanting a Longchamp bag for a couple years, on-and-off), I finally decided to take the plunge. I bought a dark purple shoulder purse, which fit perfectly, especially for my short frame. I also bought two highlighters from Muji, as I’m a fan of their pens and stationery.




After shopping, my mom and I decided to take a break and have a late lunch before heading back to our hotel. We ate at The Brass Rail, a heritage salt beef bar located on the Foodhall/ food court level. I ordered their classic smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, while my mom ordered the blooms salad. Both were delicious and I would recommend to anyone who wants to grab a bite at Selfridges. Here is the link if you're interested: http://www.selfridges.com/US/en/content/the-brass-rail

As we were walking back to Bond Street subway station, we strolled along Oxford Street. This street is known for its many stores, catering to individuals of all ages and backgrounds. While walking along Oxford Street, we saw stores such as H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Aldo, The Body Shop, Pull & Bear, and Doc Martens. In addition, there were orbs hanging across wires throughout the entire street, which was pretty cool. 


In summary, we had a successful first day of exploring central London, filled with shopping and great food. Stay tuned for Part 2, which will be up in a couple of days!

Comments

Popular Posts